User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer (Integration of UX & Digital Environments) at a Leading Design and Strategy Firm
InReality (An Info Retail Company), is looking for a dynamic individual to help create engaging and effective digital experiences through a wide variety of media. We are looking for an individual with a passion for designing for people and an understanding of design in a commercial setting. If design is ‘just a job’, this is not for you.
The Art of Digital Experiences
Today’s users and customers are looking for amazing, often digitally-driven, experiences. Effective digital communications are not only informational, but engaging—inviting users to interact with screens in a meaningful way. In that sense, to produce a smile or a little surprise for our audience is the goal of great digital experiences.
The Science of Digital Experiences
In this world of ever-increasing complexity, great user experience design is rooted in a deep understanding of the human psyche and user needs. It incorporates best interaction practices and considerations for different screen sizes (mobile, tablets, small screens, large screens, etc.) incorporating touch or gesture-based interfaces, to name a few.
Blurring Media Boundaries
Today’s media landscape seems to be adding a new communication channel every other month (well, not quite, but…). If you are fluid in print, environmental, UX, web, — that would be amazing. If you are fluid in 2 or 3 of those, but eager to learn, we should talk. Either way, we offer a position that is characterized by lifelong learning.
You will be designing digital experiences that integrate a variety of screen sizes, interaction modes, usage contexts and external triggers. You will interface with strategists, service designers, and industrial designers to design experience paths that do not stop at the boundary of a screen. You will see projects through from requirement documentation all the way to execution and even iteration of deployed solutions over time. Tools include but are not limited to: requirements documentation, user flows, information architecture, low-fi wireframing, click-through prototypes, skin design and analytics.
- 3 – 5 years experience in User Experience Design or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Adobe CS6 and/or CC, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Edge, and After Effects programs on a Mac platform, as well as wireframing tools such as Axure, Balsamic, Omni Graffle or similar
- Knowledge of HTML5 capabilities a plus
- An understanding of user research methodologies and personas
- Understanding of design facilitation and paper prototyping
- Strong organization skills with attention to details and dates
- Sound aesthetic sensibility and strong fundamentals in UX design tools (see above)
- Strong time management and self-awareness
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and concise communication skills with pro-active communication style
- Motivated self-started with the desire to work collaboratively as well as proactively to push internal thinking on new possibilities in the digital field
- Interest in related design fields – a basic understanding of 3D design, motion graphics, web design, design strategy would be a big plus
- Proven ability for creating complex, creative, multi-stakeholder driven artwork
- Proven ability to design user interfaces/user experiences across browser and application interfaces on varying device sizes including monitor, tablet and mobile
- Understanding of best-practices for responsive UI design on mobile, tablet and interactive screens, all of varying sizes
- Understanding and desire to be a subject-matter-expert on various UX options for Apple iOS, Andorid, ChromeOS and similar operating systems that ultimately dictate design choices and human interaction
- An ability to learn and understand the capabilities and limitations of various systems and be willing to think outside the box to push the boundaries of the systems
We are looking for somebody who can work effectively in a dynamic multi-stakeholder environment and is not afraid of the “fuzzy frontend”—that part of the project where there are more questions than answers. We are looking for a seasoned team player with 3+ years of experience, with a consultancy and/or design background. An understanding of project management is a big plus!
If all that sounds fascinating to you, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.[/column] [column width=”1/3″ place=”last”]
InReality is a customer experience strategy and design firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
For over 19 years, InReality has worked with leading brands to understand and improve how customers experience their brand by identifying and shrinking the reality gaps that exist between their brand’s promises and their customers’ actual experiences and expectations.
Through a unique combination of strategy, design, execution and analytics services, InReality empowers its clients with measurable and meaningful results and builds stronger, more enduring relationships between brands and their customers.
Home to several major Universities (Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Emory, amongst others) and art schools, Atlanta is thriving as a center for innovation and creativity.
Urban renewal is happening at a dramatic pace, with initiatives like the Atlanta Beltline redefining the quality of living in the city. The climate makes outdoor activities fun year-round.
An active cultural scene and eclectic restaurants and bars round up the picture.
Cost of living is extremely reasonable, compared to other major metropolitan areas, and both ocean and the mountains are in driving distance for relaxing weekend getaways.